Our tour guide will provide a comprehensive overview of the events, allowing you to learn fascinating details and gain a general understanding of this historic occasion. With so many books available on the subject, our tour offers a unique opportunity to experience the history firsthand and connect with the events that took place.
EXPERIENCE THE EXCEPTIONAL SITES OF NORMANDY!
No documentary can compare to standing in front of the bomb crater at Pointe du Hoc, feeling the wind from the English channel, or touching the sand of Omaha Beach. Get a firsthand look at the terrifying German pillboxes that the Allied forces faced.
As we drive through the Normandy countryside, you’ll understand how brave were soldiers who fought here. The unchanged terrain and white headstones of the American cemetery tell the stories of the young soldiers who paid the ultimate price for the liberation of Normandy.
WHAT MAKES THIS TOUR SPECIAL?
My tour is not just about providing facts and stories like any tour guide. I strive to make it special by using a variety of techniques that engage different senses and inspire you to connect with the places we visit.
I believe in giving you the opportunity to actively engage with the history and construct your own meanings through multi-way dialogue. This way, you will leave with a deeper understanding and appreciation of the significance of these sites.
- LA POINTE DU HOC. You will have the opportunity to see the bomb craters, 100-foot cliff, and German pillboxes. You will also be able to go inside the observation post to gain a unique perspective on the events of D-Day.
- OMAHA BEACH. We stop at the most challenging exit taken by the soldiers on D-Day. You’ll have a chance to see several German positions and, if the tides permit, walk on the very sand where the soldiers landed.
- AMERICAN CEMETERY. We pay our respects and see moving memorials, while also getting a unique perspective of Omaha Beach from the German point of view.
- SAINT MERE EGLISE. We will park in the historical town center, which was one of the first villages to be liberated on D-Day. Here, you will see the famous church from the movie “The Longest Day” and a dummy representing John Steel, as we explore the town.
- UTAH BEACH. We’ll compare the terrain, German positions, and Allied army actions to Omaha Beach. You’ll see a brand-new Andrew Higgins monument with a replica of LCVP and a Sherman tank. You’ll also get a chance to see some remains of the German position WN5.
It is possible to add to this itinerary either the German cemetery or Angouville-au-Plain. Please send your request in advance.
A RECENT REVIEW
Lena was extremely knowledgeable and provided some great details and color to bring the events of D-Day to life for us. I was amazed by her knowledge of history and her ability to make it interesting and not too much information. Definitely absorbable. I recommend this tour to anyone who is interested in knowing more about the allied invasion in Normandy. The American Cemetery in Normandy was absolutely breathtaking and heartbreaking at the same time. Thank you Lena!ANTHONY BRENNER
- Hours: Flexible
- Duration: max 9 hours
- Pick up/drop off: Bayeux/Caen
- Possibility to change the itinerary
- Lunch not included
- Air-conditioned Renault Espace up to 6 people
- Tour from Bayeux/Caen – 550€
- Tour with your rental car – 375€
If you have any questions, please contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org